We went to Green Meadows Farm Petting Zoo in Kissimmee this past weekend. We were very excited about this trip because of all the great reviews. This was the closest thing we had in Florida that compared to all the fall festivities we missed in IL. Boy, we were NOT disappointed!! They took you on a guided tour through the farm where you got to see pigs, cows, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, ducks, donkeys, and more!! Not to mention, Brody got to experience a pony ride, train ride, and hayride. At the end, we selected a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. It was a lot of fun. This pregnant momma and family were one tired bunch after the day was over.
 |
| Brody and I taking a picture in front of the farm. Brody not too thrilled because I picked him up from his stroller pushing duties. |
 |
| One of Brody's favorite things to do, pushing the stroller. |
 |
| Brody petting the turkeys |
Brody was BEYOND excited for the pony ride. As soon as he got on the pony he was grinning from ear to ear. I don't know who was more excited about the pony ride, Daddy or Brody. They both were filled with excitement when they were coming my way. They told us the best place to take pictures would be at the end of the ride. I wasn't sure about that because I thought Brody might like the ride for the first five seconds and by the time we got to the area to take our picture he'd be OVER IT! Boy was I wrong!! He lit up from the moment he got on the pony and the smile didn't go away. It was such a great moment to see Brody so brave.
| All Aboard! Brody really enjoyed listening to the train whistle and looking at all the animals from the train ride. It was definitely a nice and RELAXING change of pace from the walking. | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
You EVEN got to milk a cow during the tour. Brody actually stepped up to the plate and tried this not everyday event.
We then got to hold and pet a baby chick and duck. Brody was not as gentle with these animals as they would have liked. Brody's way of petting was poking the baby chick's and duck's eyes. Hmm yeah I don't think these little animals cared for it, but what do you expect from a 16 month old.
 |
| This picture is for Uncle Brent |
Next stop were the goats. I have to admit I've never really cared for the petting goats area at the zoo. They just look creepy for some reason to me. However, it was a different story seeing them through Brody's eyes. He couldn't get enough of them and they couldn't get enough of Brody either. One little guy in particular was nibbling on Brody's hands and Brody thought it was the funniest thing ever (probably because Wrigley does it all the time). I guess the goat thought Brody didn't taste so good because then he started nibbling his shirt. That was the end for me and the goat interaction.
 |
| Brody trying to catch the rooster |
 |
| Brody chillin' on his first hayride. |
 |
| Which one shall I pick? |
While on the tour, Stu and I saw this antique firetruck and had to come back to take a picture of it. Look at our little handsome man. He is already a station rat.
 |
| I LOVE this pic of my two boys. |
Oh my gosh -- love this post!! The pouty lip picture, the goat pictures, the fire truck picture!! Great!! Did you see my post about the goats in st. louis?? We think alike :)
ReplyDelete