Sunday, September 18, 2011

Papa Clark comes to Florida

A little behind for this blog!  We ran into a problem finding a babysitter for Jackie's first week back to work.  Our usual babysitter was away in Gainsville getting her "baby" settled for his first year of college.  Jackie and I were going through our phones calling so many people without any luck to find a replacement.  A little venting to the parents and sure enough we had a plane ticket purchased for Papa Clark to be our babysitter.  It was pretty great for me because I was only working 2 days during the week that he was here.  During my days off, Brody and I took Papa to the beach.  Brody had to show him how much he loves the water and sand. Another day we drove to Orlando to have lunch with Aunt Jeanie, Michele, Nate and Kelseigh. My favorite "bonding" moment of the trip was all the boys going for a bike ride.  I was on the bike with Brody's seat while Papa jumped on the road bike.  WE GOT DITCHED!!  We only saw Papa as he was lapping us on the loop we were riding.  Ha!  Boys will be boys no matter what age when given the chance to go fast!  We cannot thank Papa enough knowing how much he doesn't like to fly AND he flew on his Birthday to come to Florida!!  Happy Birthday Papa!! 

 After church we took Papa to Grills for lunch.  Brody was so well behaved and loved sitting next to Papa to celebrate his birthday.
 Brody sure did get his reading time in with Papa.
How can you celebrate a birthday without some ice cream??  Brody was in heaven.  Jackie and I could not keep up with him and how fast he wanted the ice cream.  I can't believe he didn't get a headache!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment