One of the days while Daddy was at the station, Brody and I decided to make play-doh for the first time. I wanted to make it just in case he tried to put it into his mouth. I thought if he played with it on the floor on top of a cookie sheet there would be less association that it's food, as there would be if I put him in his highchair. He was very skeptical about it at first. He poked at it with a wooden spoon. Then touched it with his finger. Oh, there went the spoon in the mouth. There went the bottom lip after I said no.
After a little consoling, he loved molding the play-doh into balls and throwing them. Balls are one of his favorite things. If I'm not mistaken I think he says the word "ball" better than "ma ma." (Yes, I am having a hard time letting that one go) I was all concerned about Brody putting the play-doh in his mouth that I completely forgot about Wrigley wanting to eat it. Wrigs thought Brody was playing fetch with him. (However, Wrigley's definition of fetch is Brody throwing a toy and Wrigley taking it and jumping on top of the couch to tease Brody. Brody then gets upset. Wrigley jumps down and drops the toy. The cycle then repeats itself.) Anyways, Wrigley ate the ball that Brody threw and that was the end of the play-doh for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment